AC's Chicken Pork Adobo
By AC Boral
so good and delicious catering
So Good and Delicious Catering
2 lbs. pork belly
4 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp black peppercorns
3 dried bay leaves
6 Tbsp cane vinegar
1/2 c soy sauce
1 c chicken stock
1 Tbsp corn starch
4 oz chicken skin
2 c jasmine rice (cooked)
2 garlic cloves
2 Tbsp coconut milk
Pork belly & sabaw (sauce) (preheat oven to 300):
1. Cut pork belly into 2 1/2” x 6-8” rectangles.
2. Place in baking pans skin side up.
3. Spread half of the garlic, bay leaf, and peppercorns across the pan.
4. Pour chicken stock over pork bellies.
5. Cover tightly with foil and set in 300-degree oven for 4 hours. Until fork tender.
6. Place remaining garlic, bay leaf, and peppercorn in a bouquet garni bag and simmer in soy sauce and vinegar mixture for 30 minutes.
7. Remove garni bag and poach the cooked pork bellies in sabaw for 10 minutes until a dark brown hue.
8. Remove pork bellies and let rest overnight in refrigerator.
9. Cook down sabaw to slightly viscous consistency
10. Weigh the sabaw and, depending on its viscosity, add between 0.8%-1.4% of the total weight’s amount in agar agar powder.
11. Slow simmer the sabaw for another 30 minutes and let cool overnight.
12. Next day, place congealed sabaw in a blender until smooth and portion into sauce bottle for plating.
Chicken skin (preheat oven to 350)
1. Remove excessive fat from chicken skins.
2. Spread out on lined baking sheets and bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked and light brown.
3. Let cool and heat fry oil to 350 degrees
4. Fry cooled chicken skin for 4-6 minutes until golden brown and super crispy.
5. Let drain over paper towel or cooling rack and season with coarse salt.
Rice cake (need griddle and oil)
1. Add day-old cooked rice, coconut milk, and egg together in a bowl and fold until combined
2. Set on medium-high heat griddle as 4” cakes (for a la carte portion) or 2” (for tasting portion).
3. Cook until golden brown on one side (2-3 minutes) then flip and finish other side (1-2 minutes)
Rice cake on bottom, followed by pork belly and chicken skin on top. Garnish with sabaw drizzle and chopped chives
Chef AC Boral
ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
This event is organized by The Filipino Food Movement. A 501c(3) non profit organization dedicated to the promotion of Filipino Cuisine.